Last spring, General Plastics hosted a five-hour Leadership Workshop in its Training Center for 60 Brown Deer High School students. The students were members of DECA (previously known as Delta Epsilon Chi and Distributive Education Clubs of America) and other student leadership groups.
The program, THE TOOLS OF LIFE AND LEADERSHIP, was presented by Chuck Zamora, President of Zamora Group International – The Learning Company and focused on several key leadership skills, including:
- A clear definition of success.
- How to grow your leadership skills.
- The difference between Personal Power and Positional Power.
- Communication is a vital component to achieving success: “Communication – It’s Not Just All Talk”
- Why goals are so important. “If You Don’t Know Where You Are Going, you Might End Up Where You Don’t Want to Be”.
Mr. Zamora is an international speaker, and, to date, has delivered THE TOOLS OF LIFE AND LEADERSHIP to more than 92,000 students on two continents.
According to Bob Porsche, Owner and President, General Plastics, Inc., “The students were an amazing group and interacted well with our guest speaker.” Participants of this and other student training programs offer students good experiences in learning about the plastics industry and expands their future career opportunities.
“General Plastics endeavors to be involved with area schools in the industry and welcomes the opportunity to host similar programs for our community’s future leaders,” said Mr. Porsche.